Thursday, November 20, 2008

blah

So I suddenly became really busy the last two weeks. I had two tea ceremony classes and two Taiko practices, and last weekend I had events all three nights of the weekend, which I really didn't like. Friday was the AKP Thanksgiving party, which was way more fun than I thought it was going to be. It was great seeing everyone's host families and afterwards a couple friends and I wanted to see a movie but ended up at the river instead. Saturday Richard and I finally hiked Atago-san and Saturday night I went to my host mom's friends' going away party. Sunday I was too hung over to do anything and then went to a dinner party with my host dad and his golf friends. Which was actually sort of funny, the food was great, but it was three hours long and all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole. 

And tomorrow I am going to Kyuushuu (a different island) for fall break with Becca, Eric, and Lindsay. I am really excited. I really need a break from my host family and from classes. I am most excited to go to Nagasaki and to Yakushima. Nagasaki, to see how their portrayal of the a-bomb is both different and similar to Hiroshima; Yakushima, because it is probably more rural than Walla Walla (!) (it is a smaller island off of the small island of Kyuushuu, which is a small island off of Honshu, the main island of Japan, which is just a series of islands). 

When it is Thanksgiving in California I will be in the Kumamoto/Aso-san area of Kyuushuu, so I wish anyone reading this a lovely and filling meal! 

1 comment:

Just Potential Energy said...

i want to hike with you.

i am also blah until i get to my turkey day spot!