Tuesday, November 4, 2008

GOBAMA

The past few weeks I have felt SO FAR AWAY from the election (probably because, well, I am). I watched Tina Fey being Sarah Palin on youtube. I watched some of the debates online. But there are so many elements lacking, notably in advertising. It wasn't until I was skyping with my mom when she told me that Obama had a 30 minute infomertial on 3 major networks?!?!?! and that the pro-Prop 8 fanatics have been running really terrible ads?!?!? And I thought, wow, yeah, I really have no idea what has been going on in the US, I have been so removed from all the election fever that has been brewing.....

So now as I write this, it is 950pm on the night of Tuesday the 4th, but it's only 5am in CA. Very strange...election day is almost over but the polls haven't even opened. 

Even though I am so far away both in time and space from US politics right now, I am still proud that I was able to cast my [absentee] vote for Obama in my first-ever presidential election. I can't help thinking that this election literally affects everyone in the entire world. Hypothetically...how much better will our world be if Obama is our president until 2016?

No comments: